Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"Lord, you have been our dwelling place..."

"...through all generations. Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God." Psalm 90: 1-2
Another day of "freedom" without the poison...but the effects linger. Today my feet are swollen, but no nausea. I think all the time, "if it is working, I can stand it!" But I did lots of "running" today, changing address on everything.
My friend Gene in Florida is suffering so much. He has lost so much weight, the doctor will not give him the last chemo. Gene needs to regain 20 pounds in the next three weeks so he can be healthy for the surgery (esophageal cancer). His wife says he is eating everything in sight. Once he came off the chemo and the effects of it lessened, he can eat again, and he is!!! Please pray this wonderful family can have many healthy years together, and that he can watch his teenagers grow up.
John calls our apartment "the tree house". It is high on the living room side and we look out our windows into a large tree. We plan to have some bird feeders and maybe a bird house here to watch.
We will finally get a telephone tomorrow and nearly be back in civilization. No matter where we are, John and I are together. I know, I am quick to moan about how we gave up our house and had to give up so many pretty things. I hope God will forgive me for this selfish attitude. We are blessed beyond measure, with more than enough of everything! John and I will have less "work" around the house and have more time to take a day out for fun. No matter where we are, God is our "dwelling place."

1 comment:

  1. WHAT A WONDERFUL ATTITUDE AND EXAMPLE TO OTHERS. I WILL MISS YOU AND JOHN AND SEEING YOU IN THE YARD OR RETRIEVING YOUR MAIL.

    ReplyDelete