Sunday, June 27, 2010

Our precious great grandaughter stays about two Sundays a month with our daughter and son in law (her grandparents) and now that we are here, she is establishing a pattern of eating Sunday breakfast with us. What a treat! I never in my wildest dreams thought we would have regular breakfast with our great grandaughter! She is so funny and will soon be six, and is losing her first tooth! Papa John told her he could tie a string to the tooth and to a door knob and she did not want any of that! Since she and our other great grandaughter who is four have each been about two I have shown them patterns and fabrics and let them "design" a dress or shorts outfit for me to make. They are really enjoying this, especially this six year old! She had on a new dress (I had made her) today and went to find the pattern and draw the next one to be made like that in a different color. The four year old asked lately when her next outfit was coming? (They live away from here) What a priviledge to be involved in their lives and to be able to sew for them, to be able to have joy with them in their lives!
I remember one great grandmother who died when I was about six, and I was not with her much. She lived in the country in a dog-trot cabin, along with her eldest daughter. My GGM was 98 and her daughter was about 82 and they looked just alike as I can remember. Daddy and I went swimming in the creek nearby and she let me take a nap on a featherbed. I wish I had a picture of the cabin! I hope my greats can remember us when we are gone.
Psalms 71: 17-18..."Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds. Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, til I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come."

1 comment:

  1. Barbara Johnson-ClarkJune 27, 2010 at 11:02 PM

    Bev, it was so good to see you this morning at worship. I got caught up on your recent blog entries this evening, and I told Stevi it was like my evening devotional; you are awe inspiring, you are one of my life's greatest heroes. And I did send your blog site address to Cindy in MO. She is doing well, and her recent scans have been clear. God is good, and I tell HIM every night how much we need your leadership on this earth, and I pray HE will give you the cure we are praying for which WILL keep you with us for a long time to come. Can't wait to see the new apartment.
    Glad you loved the "cat card".
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete