Saturday, June 5, 2010

"For I know the plans I have for you..."

I realize I use this verse often, it is my stand-by scripture (among others) that comforts me knowing God is always there.
Yesterday was not as we thought it would be. I had a small temp in the afternoon, then it got more and by 9 PM it had reached that "magic number---101", where you are to call the doctor. We called and went to the Er and were there until 3 AM today. They did all kinds of blood work, cultures, Xray, heart tests, urine, and gave me a bag of antibiotics and by 3 the temp was down and they sent me home with a RX for more antibiotics. Tonight I had a temp again but not as much as last night. The nurse told me that a week after the chemo cycle is finished is the crucial one when you can get the sickest.
Our moving/estate sale was this week for three days and we still have things left over. I am so exhausted that I cannot handle any more packing/moving/storage...I am not a quitter, but this time I seem to be! We will probably get someone to just take what is left and pay us a (small) amount for our precious family treasures. I said I would not do that again---but here I am!
Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
When I tell you the circumstances surrounding our home sale, it will astound you, God is so in control and His timing is so perfect. We will talk about that after we sign the papers.
Also, our realtor has given immeasurable help--far and above the call of duty! God sent her to us also!.
One recipe tonight...Gran (John's mother)'s cookbook has a note in the back.."this recipe given to me when I married, October 1920 by Mrs. Dysart...(John's aunt). The recipe is for Corn Light Bread. This Mrs. Dysart is the grandmother of our Missouri cousins.

4 cups buttermilk
1 cup flour
1/2 cup lard (Crisco)
4 cups meal
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon soda
1 egg
There are no directions but I remember Gran using a large iron skillet, heat it with some of the Crisco, mix all together, pour the mixture in the hot skillet and bake
I have the same recipe she gave me which say, "bake 400 until brown, then 300 for an hour"
This is a sweet bread, to be cooled and sliced.

Blessings on all our friends and family...Thank you all for cards, and prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Bev, I pray you a better week. Your heart is so precious.
    Praying for you,
    lovingly, kathryn

    ReplyDelete