Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"My help comes from the Lord..."

"I lift up my eyes to the hills--where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.....the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." Psalm 121:1,2,8
Today was another blood drawing, EKG and checkup at the doctor's. All was ok, just a few "blips" in the EKG which was from the steroids yesterday. They also kept me from sleeping much last night. I need to just schedule my house cleaning on Monday nights, since I will be awake anyway..!!!
Tonight I went to a fund raising for a domestic violence shelter, and a young lady spoke and told how she finally had the courage to break away from her violent husband. I came away thanking God for my wonderful husband who has always been so protective and especially through this cancer for over six years has taken such good care of me. I know he gets tired at times but he never fails to do for me.
Tomorrow is another MRI and see if any at all can be told with this new chemo, if any difference can be seen in the cutting back of the tumor's blood flow. As always we pray for there to be something changed and for something to be improved. My friend, Gene in Florida is approaching his esophageal surgery. They have been preparing him for several months, with radiation and chemo. We are praying they can cure him with the surgery in July.
The sunset tonight was just radiant, fiery red, colors indescribable, and I wonder if I could find that color of paint to reproduce that. God is amazing .

No comments:

Post a Comment