Friday, January 1, 2010

Feeling bad again

This chemo is so insidious, you feel good one day then the next, for no reason, it knocks you down again!Maybe I am emotional because of my cousin's death yesterday, but today, I have been nauseous, more than usual. My hands and feet are cracking (could be the really cold weather), and inside my mouth is sore. I just don't feel good! However I have been busy, sewing on two great granddaughters' dresses....One for the five year old and a baby gown for the newest one, due any day now. I have written cards for some of our friends who also have cancer, and the list is growing! I did not, could not, had NO energy for sending Christmas cards this year, and I feel so guilty, because we received so many beautiful cards and I feel so blessed to be remembered so nicely. So I am in a quandary, wanting to do as always, trying to do some of what I always did and just collapsing most of the time and doing NOTHING! I just hate being less than what I used to be--full of energy, getting things done on time, making lists and marking things off my list as I did them. Now I don't have the energy to even make a list, let along do much on such a list! In my Bible, beside of
Psalm 30:8-10, I have written "when God healed my cancer"...written the last bout I had and He healed me for a period of time. I would like to claim these verses again and write beside these verses, "God healed me again"!
"To you, O Lord,I called; to the Lord I cried for mercy; What gain is there in my destruction, in my going down into the pit? Will the dust praise you? Will it proclaim your faithfulness?Hear, O Lord, and be merciful to me; O Lord, be my help."

No comments:

Post a Comment