Friday, January 29, 2010

The washing of rebirth ---He poured out on us...

Well, we are finally getting a real snow! The weather has changed numbers over and over, from 3 to 9 inches, so we will see, it has slowly snowed off and on all afternoon and now into the night so we will know in the morning if this is a "real snow like we used to have!"
A friend thought I sounded depressed in yesterday's blog--I did not mean to sound that way, as I rarely am depressed. I am aware on being closed-in feeling and maybe the winter time, lack of being able to walk and exercise make me feel less than what I used to be. (Of course, I am less than what I used to be!) Two years ago I was at the gym three times a week, lifting weights, walking on the treadmill, working out a routine of other weights and stationary bike. I was in great shape (for my age) and I felt so good, so toned. Amazing how quickly the toned muscles become flab,holding up an arm shows skinny whatever is not what it was!!!!
So, this is depressing in a way, but not Depression!
So our grandchildren are out sledding tonight, what we used to do...and another thing we will never do again (maybe not, or May be???) I still have a sled! If the conditions were right, I might just get out there and try it again!
"(God) saved us through the washing of rebirth and reneval by the Holy Spirit. Whom He poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Lord." Titus 3: 5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment