Saturday, January 2, 2010

"Then He went down to Capernaum..."

This week I read and saw on TV a "dig" in Nazareth, showing a house foundation of the time of Jesus. This foundation was found in the middle of what is now a city, then a village--nothing like we picture in our minds. When we were in the Holy Land, in Israel in 1995, we saw the foundation of what is said to be Peter's house, right beside the Sea of Galilee. We also saw the floor and foundation of a synagogue of Jesus' earthly time period. We went up to Meggido and saw where Solomon's horses were stabled and saw stone mangers, which may be similar to Jesus' first "cradle". I sat on the steps of the old temple in Jerusalem (all that remains) and rubbed my hand over the steps and thought, "Jesus walked right here---at one time, His feet were on these very steps!"These of course are only a few of many things seen and experienced, but they stand out because of knowing, biblical, that Jesus was in these exact locations! I guess I am on another memory trip!
Today was another day of mixed blessings, seeing cousins from out of town and feeling the sorrow and loss of a family member.I am still feeling the nausea and tiredness, taste coming back somewhat. I was told by a church friend that I may inadvertently offended some people by telling everyone not to get too near me. I am so afraid, and rightly so, of getting any infection, especially since I was deathly ill two weeks ago. So I tell others "no hugs" and use lots of hand sanitizers, and unless a person has been in this situation, they don't realize the dangers involved in picking up bacteria when one (like me) has few red and white blood cells to fight infection. So if I have offended anyone, I apologize and pray for your understanding.
So, then " He (Jesus) went down to Capernaum, a town in Galilee, and on the Sabbath began to teach the people..." Luke 4:31

No comments:

Post a Comment