Saturday, September 25, 2010

"Sing to the Lord a new song..."

My oldest granddaughter called today with the amazing news that she and her husband have paid off $50,000 debt in about five years. They will call Dave Ramsey next week and scream "we are debt-free!" We are so proud of them. If anyone needs to know how to scrimp and save and get by on less than you think you can, look at her blog...Hyperactive Lu... They also have three sons age one, nearly three and nearly six.

Then yesterday I ran into a grandson in a store--totally surprise--and that helped make my day. Then tomorrow, our oldest "great" will have breakfast with us, as she does lots of Sunday mornings.After yesterday's fever of 101 I felt good today...who knows what this happens! Anyway, lots of blessings on top of blessings.
We have a new "fourth cousin" in Missouri. They have lots of babies up there in that family branch!

I tried a new cookie recipe called "Autumn Cookies" and it has pumpkin spice and oatmeal in it. I will print it another day. Our friend who is a world War II veteran got to go on a special plane to see the WWII memorial in Washing DC this week. He was next to the oldest on the trip. A nurse went along to take care of several who might need help. He was so excited! They also went to Arlington.

I had to go by our house we just sold to get a package, and those who bought it have dug up and/or let all my flowers die. I had an "English Garden" all around the house and it made me heart sick to think how hard I dug and brought in good dirt and know all that is gone. At least I got to enjoy all of that for 11 years.

"Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord all the earth. Sing to the Lord, praise His name; Proclaim His salvation day after day." Psalm 96:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment