Friday, July 15, 2011

God says..."Before me, every knee will bow..."

"By me every tongue will swear. They will say of me, "In the Lord alone are righteousness and strength." Isaiah 45:23-24

Several months ago I recklessly remarked that I had no pain and I would not know I had cancer if I did not just know it...What a foolish remark that was! In the past two months or so, I have started having intense pain in my lower abdomen. I take a time release med at night so I can sleep. Well, last night, nothing helped! This happens occasionally. I dozed and turned, changed bed to couch, prayed, dozed, etc. No real sleep! I sure do get a lot of praying done on a night like that. Then I wonder how bad the cancer is, same ole, wondering. I just cannot go there! The finger nails are growing very slowly, but looking a little better. I almost have enough hair to go without a wig. Thank you Father!

Our granddaughter who has the three boys and new baby girl named all the children with a Gaelic middle name. This is to honor the Scotch family inheritance. Baby girl has my maiden name as hers and that is indeed an honor. When John and I were in Scotland 20 years ago I found some plaid wool fabric that is our "clan plaid". I shall give that to her for a skirt in the future. This baby has the clef chin like my Daddy had. Isn't inheritance wonderful! The next baby girl is due to be born in several weeks, giving us nine "greats". I love "my babies" so very much.

I lay my heart open to God for healing, for forgiveness of sins, and thankfulness for His strength and care of all of us.

1 comment:

  1. Barbara Johnson-ClarkJuly 16, 2011 at 12:17 AM

    Dearest Bev,
    Loved the information about the Gaelic names. I know the one that is your maiden name of course, but what are the others? What a delightful idea! Your tidbits of information and wisdom appeal to me in a big way. Always love the history lessons about our area, the memories about your sisters whom I know (knew), and definitely enjoy the recipes. You are such a wealth of everything. God must have made you on one of His very best days! Love you and John both so much. Can't wait to see the new "short do" without the wig, and I must see those new nails! Keep hanging in there. God still has more surprises up His sleeve. We continue to pray for you many times a day.
    Love,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete