Wednesday, July 6, 2011

"If my people will humble themselves...I will hear from heaven..."

This wonderful full passage from II Chronicles 7:14 is "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I turn from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Several happenings lately give me/us concern about the direction of our country. Sin is no longer "sin", and God can be "who you want him or her to be." Now the paper questions if Adam and Eve were "for real" Nothing seems to be as it was when John and I were growing up. We often say we grew up in the best of times. Many of us were not poor, but times were "tight"; we always seemed to do alright. We never went hungry. We had meat on the table at least on Sunday if not every day. We never went without shoes, or clothes. We attended church every Sunday. God was important in our families.

Remember the "Blue Laws"? All stores were closed on Sundays, then gradually a few opened after church hours, now Sunday is like any other day.

Used to if you needed gas for your car, you did it on Saturday. If you needed "milk and bread" you could always arrange to get that done on Saturday.

No the world is not like it used to be. Psalm 112 as many says, "Praise the Lord..." May we all praise Him and pray for our country and be healed.

I tried to do without some of the pain med in the day time but I cannot do that. The nighttime one really keeps me pain free all night, and I can get along OK with only one in the day time. They make me so sleepy! But I have only had one chemo and the next one is still 2 weeks away. I know the cancer cannot have shrunk yet. I just dream of being cancer-free and taking no medicine!

1 comment:

  1. Barbara Johnson-ClarkJuly 6, 2011 at 11:12 PM

    Bev, you are the most amazing person I've ever known. Alan made this statement about you today. He asked John where you were when we were leaving Karen's funeral. He said you were downstairs getting ready to serve (the meal for the family I am sure is what he was referring to). Alan said, "Bev is serving them. Can you believe that lady?" We should all be serving you and praising the Lord that we have such a righteous woman amongst us. You have been Jesus to so many in your lifetime, it would be an uncountable number.

    I, too, dream of your being cancer free and the day when you will take no drugs for pain. I dream of seeing a few pounds back on that thin little body. And I BELIEVE that day will come. If my ten year old believes it so strongly, then I must believe!

    We love you dear sweet friend.
    Barbara and Alan

    ReplyDelete