Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you..."

God's peace, how wonderful that sounds.
I got the call today to remind me of Thursday's chemo. I dread it but know I have no choice really.( Or no choice I want to make.) I hurt about a # 5 usually at night. You know the little smiley face-frown face you see at the Doctor's office and they ask where you are on that chart? Some nights it goes up to a 10. That is when I take another pain pill, no matter how few hours it has been! Day times, I have almost no pain. This is difficult to figure out. John 14, another place where Jesus says to "not be afrid"

The grocery I go to had the nicest elder gentleman when the store first opened several years ago. He carried groceries out for you. I asked him his name and he said "just call me 'wild bill'"...Then he died and I saw his obituary..wow, he had been a World War II flying ace! He had all kinds of awards, and honors. I wish I had known him and really talked to him and found out about his life. This is one of the sad things about older people...young ones don't see them as "people" but just as someone elderly, not seeing them as personalities, one with interests, one who probably made a difference in someones' life. I think there was a lesson learned in my brief encounter with "wild bill".

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your heart be troubles and do not be afraid." John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment