Friday, July 1, 2011

"Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;"

Today was blood day at the oncologist. Actually, my blood work was pretty good. Of course, I have only had one chemo so far, and I am sure the doctor is giving me the lowest dose he can, since the last one was so dreadful! Thank goodness for the kind which can be adjusted. I am in a different section at SCRC and different nurses, some new at this time to me. I have been there for 7 years and most are familiar, even if I do not know their names. My surgery was a week today and I think I am OK, but I might have some bloody urine for up to 10 days. I pray this stint is working.

The first time John and I saw each other, he was about 14 and I was about 6. Years ago, back before there was such a thing as a wading pool,kids would fill a big metal wash tub with water from the hose, set it in the sun and about 11:00 it would be nice and warm and you would play in the water. Would any kid today think this was fun? Well, it beat nothing! I was visiting my aunt next door to John's family and I was playing in this tub and he came up their driveway. I can remember a big boy but that was it. The next time we saw each other was the summer I was 16 and he was 24, My what a different perspective those years made!

Speaking of age differences, my sister next to me was born when I was 9, then the next sister when I was 13. The middle sister with that age difference, made us not close at all until we were grown. The baby sister, slept with me from age 1 until I married and she was nearly 5 and I almost felt like she was my baby. When we were all grown, we used to say the three of us were a "matched set" and we rarely fussed and were very compatible. We will always miss our middle sister beyond belief.

Isaiah is one of the richest books in the Bible, so full of new Testament preparation. Isaiah 45:22 starts with "Turn to me and be saved."..then " for I am God, and there is no other." Only our God could take care of us like we are being wondrously cared for.

No comments:

Post a Comment