Tuesday, December 22, 2009

..."and they will call Him Immanuel..."

When I woke up early this morning, thinking about the CT (is that all I can think about??) and praying it would be good and that God would receive the glory for this, then I thought, if it is not good, don't I need to also give God the glory for whatever He decides is right? My faith is being stretched every which-a-way...as I ponder, pray, reason in my feeble brain, and grow in trust. Well, the oncologist was pleased with the scan, even though it was not "perfect". I still have tumors in my liver, but most of them have shrunk and only one increased in size(these are mg sizes, very tiny) and he feels the chemo is working. However I still have vestiges of pneumonia and sinus infection and urine infection left over from the near death experience last week. He felt I was too weak for chemo today so we have a "week off" to feel half way normal. My cracked fingers are nearly well, I am just still coughing alot. When the chemo starts back next week, he will only give me 3/4 of original dose, seeing if I can handle this better, without the low blood levels.
So back to my original premise, would I and could I glorify God for a bad answer? I think at this point I could because only He knows how much my body can stand and how much is worth going through. Only God knows my inner heart and when I will reach the "give-up" point. I am not there yet. I am still fighting for health and long to feel good again and have stamina to do the usual activities. I pray to live for another year and have a "normal" Christmas next year with the cooking and shopping and the gifting and the entertainlng. I guess above all, though I long to be the person God wants me to be and the example He wants me to be, to show anyone that he is with us, no matter what.
In Matthew 1:22-23, "....the Lord had said through the prophet, 'The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son and they will call Him Immanuel-which means "God with us".'

No comments:

Post a Comment