Tuesday, December 8, 2009

I missed a day!!!

I was all set, to write, and feeling pretty rotten...and comcast was out again! I did not feel like doing that battle, so Monday was lost this week...So last night, fighting the beginning of a bad cold (the first cold I have had in at least two years) I hit the bed and suffered runny nose, chills and all that all night. Today was chemo day and I just KNEW they would not give it to me....would you believe, Miracles of miracles---my white count was normal, no temperature, no problem, gave me the chemo, we were home by 3:00 (only a seven hour day this time) and shaky, wobbly, nauseous, but thankful to have another series behind me. Also, another thankful "thing" is my right leg has not swelled in over a week now. Maybe the tumors are shrinking! I feel very blessed. Food tastes horrible, I had lost two more pounds, but now I have two weeks to gradually become a little normal. I look really forward to the CT on December 21 and see what wonderful miracles God is making in my body.
Today, at Sarah Cannon, I was sitting there watching people talking, drinking coffee, reading, lounging, (no matter that most had chemo running into their bodies) and you could imagine that it was an ordinary social gathering! Yes, this is quite a society of hope, prayers, cheerfulness, telling how long each remission has lasted, where people come from for this "Hope"--Birmingham, Jackson, Murfreesboro, all around for seeking a cure.
A friend sent me a card with one of my favorite verses, that always bears repeating: Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."
Please, God, sing over me tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment