Thursday, December 10, 2009

post chemo--day 3

Same song, how many verses??I am not complaining, just stating facts. Fingers cracked, feet cracked, sores inside mouth (even with the soda water gargle), face broken out a little, stomach still upset, food still tastes horrible, and I wake up in the mornings so hungry but nothing tastes good. So this is what I/we do to survive. Would you do the same? How much do you want to stay on this earth and enjoy grandchildren, as well as grown children's companionship? As I said earlier this is the first Christmas season I have had chemo going on and feeling this bad. I should have no problem eating too much goodies during the next two weeks, should I... This is not all about me, even if I seem sometimes to be looking within too much. I feel if you share this journey with me, I need to tell you occasionally just exactly how I feel physically, and emotionally.
I am sewing, making Christmas pillows from X-stitch designs I have done. I am making dresses for two great grandaughters. Then I also sew for our daughter's shop. I do not just lay around even when I feel bad--it is easier to get up and get busy, and it takes your mind off the effects alot. Each day is exciting, another day alive and hope is here and I love the last half of this verse in Isaiah 11, verse 9..."for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea." The 50 foot waves in Hawaii this week, surely speak of the Lord's glory and they really "cover the sea".

No comments:

Post a Comment