Saturday, December 19, 2009

"good news of great joy..."

If you are a cancer patient or survivor, you probably find what I write to be interesting and can identify with it. If not, I hope you do not find my struggles boring. I am telling my honest struggles with my faith, trying valiantly to keep my eyes upon Jesus and trying to find healing for my body, from God's grace and from medical help. This journey is very tiring and very strenuous and I can see why one might "give up" at some point. I have not reached that point yet...but see how it is possible. Hope of family and plans for the future keep me going, as well as the hope of medical miracles. I worry that friends and family will tire of praying for me. I wonder if the CT will be good on Monday. I would love to be free of this infection and quit coughing. I think if I could be cancer-free, I would never ever worry about anything else in my life. I feel cancer is the most horrible, life consuming entity in this world.So I will not be negative---now that I have "vented". I will play Christmas songs, light the trees, lie on the couch and read and enjoy the "now".
Luke 2:10-11 says.."But the angel said to them (the shepherds), "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the city of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord."

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Beverly,

    I'm wishing I could see you, hold your hand, join your family in "doing" the Christmas projects. I'm glad you are home and resting. While reading over your posts, you gave me encouragement, what a gift!

    You may not have shopped this year, but your daily posts are just what your followers need. May God grant you release from this cold/flu and the strength for the CT and more chemo if needed.

    Rembering you...Cathy

    ReplyDelete