Sunday, December 6, 2009

Colossians 4:2 "Devote yourselves to prayer..."

In reading Colossians 4:2,"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.." I was studying the explanation at the bottom of the Bible page which says that "our persistence in praying is an expression of our faith that God will answer prayers...that faith should not die because God does not answer in our time frame, but that God is listening and working the answer in His time frame..."
This being thankful is because of the way God will answer the prayers. We are so caught up in "our way" being the correct answer to prayer and Our way is not His way.I have said how John prays several times a day for my healing. I know his faith will remain strong regardless of how God answers these prayers.
Today was somewhat better than yesterday. I have lots of little side effects, cracked fingers, dry skin, dry throat, in addition to the things mentioned other days. The list just goes on and on! But I had a great day with my daughter and great granddaughter coming over and our making Christmas cookies together. The icing was everywhere! The sprinkles were everywhere! I surely hope this special girl remembers making cookies with her great grandmother, when she was five. So even when days are not totally the best, there is always something good in that day. I am praying now that I can take the chemo on Tuesday, even though I will probably feel Really, Really bad after having two straight weeks of that! In two weeks there will be a CT and I am anxiously awaiting the results of that to see if this is working! I have said it before---with cancer, you live from scan to scan, no matter how strong your faith is or no matter how badly you want to depend totally on God and His will and each day is a thankful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment