Saturday, December 5, 2009

Jars of clay

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us..." I know this "treasure" is salvation and any power or strength is from God. Boy, do I need this extra strength--another bad day...making me wonder just how bad this chemo will get and just how much I can stand. I am not quite as nauseous as the first (cisplatin) five years ago, but there is just a "can't hardly stand up-just want to lie down-have absolutely no energy-just leave me alone" feeling. This is the first Christmas season I have felt this bad, even with the four surgeries and now three chemo times. I have always loved entertaining and having friends and family come over, cooking and open houses, all of that and this year seems so strange to be doing nothing except existing. I have to be optimistic and look forward to having my "clay pot" not so cracked next year

No comments:

Post a Comment