Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,"

"..His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait on Him.'" Lamentations 3:22-24
Well, the second radiation was today. This type of radiation does not hurt, even though the doctor told me this is stronger than the kind in which you go for 25 treatments. The "pain" is in the feeling of your body being invaded, of having to lie perfectly still without moving anything but hands for two hours. I feel the ignominy of having one's body displayed , wired, radiated and the loss of self pride really makes you worn out. I came home today, as last week, and slept several times. I am having less symptoms of the cancer's growth so I believe it is working. That is very good and I am so thankful for that,so I will not complain.
I long to be well and healed. I ache to be healthy again. I am sure this is the feeling of anyone who is ill or has a disease of some kind. I was thinking during the night, how Jesus said there is nothing we go through that He has not endured. I don't believe He had cancer or any other diseases we are afflicted with but He endured worse by family who thought He was crazy and friends who turned against Him and His death on the cross-- so in essence He had gone through the same as we.
"The Lord's...compassions never fail..."

No comments:

Post a Comment