Thursday, February 4, 2010

"For I know the plans I have for you ..."

God knows the plans for us...wow, is this wonderful! I saw my oncologist today and he and several of the other doctors and nurses were so amazed at how my tumor just "went away"...and they too believe God took it away. My doctor is so believing that I am not growing cancer by the day...(my wondering since I am off the chemo for now). He has three possible chemos to choose from...they are new and each is special, two are experimental, one for multiple myloma, one for a sarcoma (not my kind) and another which I am not sure the specific cancer it attacks). Since my cancer is so rare ( a mixed mullerian)I will go sign papers and apply for the drug he thinks will be the best for now. He also says the side effects are minimal, worst is the time table. Each drug must be taken every Monday/Tuesday for three weeks then the fourth week is "off"...this is really not so bad, except the two days each week are long days. With no side effects, I will get 12 days "off" each four weeks, so that will be like a mini-vacation each month!
I should not have to recuperate between Mondays so that will be wonderful.
So today, back at the Sarah Cannon center, watching the patients with caps and hats, covered bald heads, forever hopeful, praying for the cure that is perfect. That is me, not bald but praying for the perfect cure. I also got to go back to art tonight...this is "healing" to be with these dear friends and to enjoy being creative after missing art for several months. This group is like another "care group" from church and they are such a praying group!
Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord,plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future..."

1 comment:

  1. Thrilled to hear the news! You are writing wonderfully! We are praising God with you and Papa John! We love you both!

    ReplyDelete