Thursday, February 18, 2010

God intercedes for us...

I have missed all of you, my friends...I feel as I write that I am chatting with a group of you, at least I hope I am.
For the past four days, John and I have been "out of pocket". He has been in the hospital, receiving medication in order to have "cardio version". Well, God stepped in and the medicine was just perfect without the shock to John's heart. He stayed in the hospital four days and took medicine and his heart is just fine, and how he is home. We are so grateful for this blessing of improved health for him!
Meantime, I still cannot drive, and I think I told that the cancer is spreading to my lower abdomen, and I had a biopsy on Monday which proved that it is the same cancer as the others. I started radiation on this Tuesday and will receive two more in the next two weeks to hopefully clear out this group of cancer cells!
My oncologist is setting up a clinical study (my third study in all, and fourth chemo in six years) and our insurance turned me down for this one I have decided it really was not the right one and God is sending the right one for me!
My sister has been my chauffeur, and cook, and provided me a place to live for four days, for which we are so grateful. February 22ND is my day to drive again!!!
So we are glad to be home and ready to face new physical requirements and new opportunities to serve God. Romans 8:26 tells us that .."the Spirit helps us in our weakness..." and when we don't know how to pray, "The Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." How marvelous are these promised blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment