Sunday, February 28, 2010

"Get rid of all bitterness..."

"Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." Ephesians 4:31-32
These verses just popped out, having nothing to do with whatever I will write. In fact, I really don't have a subject tonight. We attended a birthday party for a member of our care group and saw more friends at church than we usually do, with over a hundred there and lots of chatting and visiting with everyone. I am amazed at the love we all share. I had a chance to visit with the parents of the young man who died last week (of cancer). They through God's help are learning to get through each day. And, they also have this wonderful support team, as do each of us at church, and that was evidenced tonight.
What a blessing to have such a group who love each other, support each other, and do not have the anger, malice and slander of which the Bible speaks.
I have two days this next week to "look forward" to. I see the oncologist Tuesday, find out when my CT is, and what chemo we will start next. Wednesday is my final radiation...sure hope and pray it has worked!Fun week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment