Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"May the God of hope fill you with --joy..."

Today was John's turn to go to the doctor, getting him ready for a three day hospital visit and cardio-version next week. We are taking turns being "sick"...hope we don't get in bad shape at the same time!!!Tomorrow I see a radiologist and get ready for five days of radiation, hoping it will reach my pelvic area that the oncologist says has fewer blood vessels, therefore has less success with chemo. This will get me ready for the chemo starting about the first of April. So, the fight goes on, day by day and week by week... I will not complain because I feel so blessed, having energy right now and feeling almost normal.
When I think of March and April being around the corner, it reminds me of flowers and I see our buttercups up about six inches, just waiting to bloom, in spite of the snow, more than usual this winter.
Flowers have been very important all my life. Mama always, (even though she was not a "garden person"), would plant marigolds, zinnias, and morning glories. Grandma always planted a big flower bed of Cannas, and small beds of pansies. I can see her carrying buckets of water out to these flower beds every afternoon, and also to bird baths. When Daddy went to war and we went to live with the grandparents, the old cow shed was moved to that yard and became my doll/play house. I planted flowers around it. In my grown-up yards, I have always collected iris, some from older ladies when I grew up and some from Grandma's, day lilies from Gran, and from our cousins in Missouri who have a day Lilly farm, and many "starts" from our daughter in law who is a master gardener. I have also learned much about gardening from her. Flowers are such a boost of energy in our lives, giving proof that life goes on and revives the earth forever.
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope." Romans 15:13
I am so encouraged by friends...my precious younger friends who , 1. did my blog when I could not read or write for a week and comes to take me out for coffee, 2. friends who have brought food, and pray for us every day, 3. a friend who gave me a wonderful "hand written story book" of pictures and sentiments that I really would love to be worthy of! 4. friends who send cards and emails and are "there" when I need cheering up. Is anyone as blessed as I am?!!! I pray for some of our friends who are facing serious illnesses, and our precious cousin, Anna, is going to a nursing home. At age 91 she has really been independent for longer than most her age! So it is my turn to pray for and take food to and hope to be of help to some of my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment