Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"...He will rejoice over you with singing."

Tonight was the first time I have felt like going to Wednesday night church in nearly two months. It feels so GOOD to feel nearly normal. It feels so good to not be on chemo! It feels so good to have an appetite and really be able to taste food. It feels so good to have more energy and pretend all is ok and I am not sick and I am not going to start over again with the chemo and all that goes with it. But that is not the truth and I cannot pretend that I am well and not going to go through this again. But as my doctor told me several years ago.."do you just want to sit down and die?"
I go to the oncologist tomorrow and we shall see what he thinks we need to do next. I really needed this rest and it is wonderful. I had done continually, since August, 2 surgeries,3 hospital stays, chemo, 2 transfusions, many, many white cell and red cell shots, and lots of CT's and MRI's, just staying alive. We beat it back again, God and I and the medical community.
So tomorrow I find out just what is our next move. I am not ready to give up and I believe God has more for me to do. So, stay tuned, for our next big move...will it be plan A or plan B???
One of my favorite and most comforting Bible verses is Zephaniah 3:17..."The Lord our God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."

No comments:

Post a Comment