Thursday, February 25, 2010

"O Lord...[you] lift up my head..."

Are you ever in a "down" mood so that you feel like your head is hanging down, even when it is not? I can remember when Johny (our son) died that I felt like my head was connected to my abdomen and pulled down that far, even when it obviously was not. I guess that is the meaning of the expression, "bowed down with grief".
Psalms 3:3 is another of my favorite verses, to think that God can lift up my head! Just think how He is a shield about us! No matter what you are going through, God is there holding you up and forming a barrier between you and the world.
I have felt better today than last Thursday (the day after radiation) and it is exciting to know there is only one more radiation treatment. I visited some friends today and went to art class tonight. I go to oil painting class every Thursday (but I missed about two months in January and February). The buttercups and tulips are still coming up and even showing buds..not knowing they will get "cut back" by the inevitable late snow in March. A dove has built her nest as usual above our kitchen window and I tell her every day, her babies are coming way too early!
Earth and nature move on no matter what happens in our lives. "But you are a shield around me, O Lord; You bestow glory on me and lift up my head."

No comments:

Post a Comment