Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"He is my fortress..."

I had not thought about sweet potato pie in ages...the Southern Living magazine for November has a recipe for that...It is much like sweet potatoes you put in a casserole only in a pie shell with meringue on top.
Grandma used to make fried sweet potatoes and she cut them into thin long slices, and let them fry in a skillet of Lard? or Crisco? and when they were crisp, drain them on a paper towel and sprinkle sugar on top. They were so good. and then she would use partly this same type of potatoes in a pie shell, bake it with the slices of potatoes and later meringue on top. Either way, sweet potato pie is so good.

This is day 9 but no chemo on day 8 or 9, and none tomorrow...Friday we will see how my blood is.They were sure correct when they said days 7-10 would be my worst days for low blood counts. So far, no temperature yesterday or today. My gums and teeth are sore. I remember that from the first chemo (cisplatin). I think being on the antibiotic kept me from being worse and/or having a deep infection. I really don't feel that bad, kind of tired. And the same, food tastes awful syndrome!
Maybe tomorrow will be better! Of course, I did not go out of the house today.

Psalm 62:1-2 "My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken,"

No comments:

Post a Comment