Saturday, October 9, 2010

"...I've run for dear life to you..."

"Keep me safe, O God. I've run for dear life to you. I say to God, 'be my Lord!' Without you , nothing makes sense." The Message, Psalm 16:1

When Daddy came home from the war, I was almost 11 years old. One of the first things he did, was buy me my first bicycle! I don't remember begging for one but I must have wanted one very much. That was so exciting! Another wonderful happening was that we moved back next door to our house to live. The two years he was gone, Mama, and my next sister lived with Grandma and Grandpa (next door to our house) and our house was rented out. We stayed in our house the rest of my time until I married and until Mama and Daddy built another house about 25 years later.

A good friend and I were talking about Christmas dinners---it won't be long---and we and this couple have spent Christmas Eve morning together for 53 years (except one year when snow prevented anyone going anywhere). Actually she and I started first grade together and have been friends all these years. There are about a dozen of us who went through high school together and still see each other--what a blessing to have friends like this!

This is day 5...today has been good, just the strange food tastes, and some dizziness, sometimes difficult to feel balanced. The first chemo 6 years ago did that, also. But not much nausea today, and that is very good! I feel so blessed, especially when John prays for me throughout the day.

1 comment:

  1. I love how Papa John prays for you. Its a battle you are both fighting! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete