Thursday, October 14, 2010

"...His love endures forever..."

Day 10 (or not) since I have not had the chemo pill since Monday, but today food tasted pretty good again. I go tomorrow for blood work and see if everything came back up toward normal, I guess I will start back on the pill. I am still on the antibiotic, which so far has not been any bad side effects. Antibiotics do not like me and I have a difficult time finding one that my body can tolerate. My mouth is still sore, lips tender, teeth sore from the chemo. I have such mixed feelings about all of this. If I feel this bad, will there ever be any days to feel good in between the "every three weeks port infusion"? I know I have to either do this or give up. I am not ready to give up.

Gene, my friend in Florida called today. He is the one who had the esophageal cancer. He is eating again, not totally normal but much better. He is gaining a little weight and really sounds good. He like me, lives from "scan to scan" to see if there is any cancer there. His doctor says he is cancer free for which everyone is so thankful and so elated. Those are words every cancer patient longs to hear.
Tonight we got to go hear the Nashville Symphony play Gershwin. The grand finale was "Rhapsody in Blue" and the chance to hear this was just tremendous. I was told to avoid crowds and not to touch anyone. We had wonderful seats in a box and "no one coughed around us" so I think I was safe. I really wanted to go and so we did! Today was another wonderful gift from God, as every day is!

"Give thanks to the Lord ,for He is good; His love endures forever." Psalm 118:1

No comments:

Post a Comment