Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"if God is for us, who can be against us?"

" And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him. who have been called according to His purpose. For those God foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brothers. .....What then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:28-29, 31

I opened my Bible and this is where it fell open, and I had already marked this passage and read it often...so it seemed to be my verses for tonight. Today was doctor day, blood is up some, almost to the point of receiving chemo, white cell count at 1.1 (normal starts at 2) and I can receive chemo at 1.5 so next week should be the time to start back. I do not have to be as careful and we ate out today!!! They will reduce the dosage amount next week (and for others also) as it seems to be too strong. That is why they call this "experimental". I really think it is exciting to be part of this experimenting...what if a great cure is discovered? What if my cure is discovered??? My fingers are cracked open but getting better, my skin has blood spots, like bruises, caused by the low white cells. Most of my hair is gone and will be gone after next weeks chemo. I am so thankful for cards from friends, for phone calls and for caring shown to us.

My friend Gene (in Florida) called today and he is feeling so good, he got to go fishing last week, and is going back to work some ,and is feeling so good. He is able to eat more, not normally yet, but enough to gain some. He, like I, thank God every day for life, for family and for friends. We thank God for wonderful doctors, for things we take for granted. And, being human, live from "scan to scan".

No comments:

Post a Comment