Saturday, October 16, 2010

We have been getting ready for the wedding all day. My sister and daughter's friend did the cupcakes---strawberry with white cream icing, and chocolate with chocolate icing, and tiny pearl beads hand-sprinkled over the top of each cupcake...just elegant! The groom's cake is chocolate with strawberry filling and chocolate icing. The chefs came tonight and put four pork roasts in our over for overnight cooking...they smell wonderful. They will be here preparing the food from about 11 tomorrow and dinner is at 4:00.

John and I ironed about a dozen large tablecloths for the outdoor tables and the buffet tables. A friend was here ALL day doing the flowers-- rust colored calla lilies, deep orange roses, white hydrangeas and ivy for all to carry ,decorate the tables, the gate to the back and the front mailbox... all of these have ivy green ribbons.

John is going with me for the blood test at 7:30 in the morning, then we leave for the wedding about noon. I felt pretty good today but got weak this afternoon. We will know on Tuesday what is next.

This is again one of my favorite psalms...." Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise His holy name. Praise the Lord, O, my soul, and forget not all His benefits--who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." Psalm 103:1-5.....as I pray and trust for God to heal and take care of me.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing, Bev. But doesn't it feel wonderful to be fully engaged in LIFE activities. A wedding, the food, the tablecloths to iron. It feels good from this distance to know you are an active participant...I applaud you and think more than a few angels, who look in on us and take care of us, applauded as well! Thanks for your note. It brought tears to my eyes. As always, thank you for sharing and being such a blessing in my life. A toast:
    To Life!!
    kathryn

    ReplyDelete