Tuesday, October 5, 2010

" we are the people of His pasture..."

First day for the new chemo...I even have an "ID card" to carry with me. When I jokingly told the nurse--"ah, the new rat poison!"--- and she said "oh, I don't know" and I said "it would kill a rat, wouldn't it?" and she agreed. Anyway, it started with the benedrill to protect organs, then the new stuff (an everyday pill followed by the infusion every 3 weeks), then the one hour liquid through the port . That was it...out of there in 3 hours. I go every week to check blood levels (this weeks were pretty good--being off for 2 months helped) and get another weeks supply of the pill chemo ( and show my diary of taking it and hours, etc.). The third week I have a long 8 hour day and lots of blood work and everything all over again, and heart ECHO test again. In between, lots of possible side effects so we are praying for little of these.

A friend gave me this saying: "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the places and moments that take our breath away."

Tomorrow is John's birthday--cannot believe where the years have gone...there will never be enough years to be together! We are blessed to be doing as well as we are.

"Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; for He is our God and we are the people of His pasture, the flock under His care..." Psalm 95:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment