Thursday, October 28, 2010

"You are forgiving and good, O God..."

A friend wrote me to tell how she handles problems and troubles. She has a notebook and tries to list any GOOD happening during a day...not all the time, but much of it. Example, when a car lets you in front, when a stranger smiles and says "hello", when a rainbow appears, just beautiful happenings through a day. What a neat idea!!!

When I list my bad things, I hope you don't think I am being negative all the time. I am telling what is going on and what the cancer or chemo is doing to me. BUT, I
DO focus on the negative mostly, and I need to also tell about the good things along the way. SO, my friend gave me a lovely idea ,to list good along with the bad .

So, today, besides the bad, the swelling in my feet and legs, the sore knees, the cracked fingers, and no hair---The trees are lovely red, gold and orange. John and I drove into the country and saw these trees, several log cabins rebuilt by homes, streams, and decorations. We were in a store and talked to a couple who had decided to retire here (from Chicago). Last week we got to talking to some who had retired here from California. So, it seems we live in a much admired area. We think there is not much better place than middle Tennessee. And my number one nice/good things of today is having my husband who loves me bald or with hair. He says he is "married to two women".

God loves us no matter what He is "abounding in love to all who call on [Him]. Hear my prayer, O Lord; listen to my cry for mercy." Psalm 86: 5-6

1 comment:

  1. Barbara Johnson-ClarkOctober 29, 2010 at 1:29 AM

    Dear Bev,
    Don't you ever start thinking for one moment that you have shared more bad than good! The purpose of your blog is to try to share cancer and treatment with others. If all we wanted was a "feel good" place I think we'd be looking for "Fantasy Island"! We come to your site for the inspiration and courage that you give us to face our own days and our own problems as well as to find out how your day has gone. The stories you share, the memories you share, the recipes you share, these far outweigh the amount of space you devote to "cancer talk". If the "C" word is coming up a little more frequently now, then that's because we need to fill your cup a little more as you fill ours all the rest of the time. I keep saying this, because I mean it--God is keeping you here on earth for a reason. Your sisters and brothers need you. John and you are both treasures, and we love you. Keep sharing your heart with us, whatever your heart tells you to say.
    Blessings,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete