Monday, October 11, 2010

"...to Him be glory..."

I noticed, the blog title says (during my fourth cancer episode)...since I started this blog, there have been two more episodes at least. We counted up and this is #6 chemo (or #7) if you count the start by itself. I have been at Sarah Cannon Center since fall of 2006 and had four major surgeries since fall of 2006. We did our usual "every 4-5 months" seeing our primary physician, Dr. G.today. He thinks I am doing great and said I am "tough". Dr. G. thinks the fact that I have not had the tumor fevers since this chemo started might mean that this chemo is working! He and I agreed that we are on this earth doing God's will and he as well as all my doctors is a christian. I would have a tough time with a doctor who was not a "believer in Jesus and trusting God for daily sustenance". Yesterday day 6 and today day 7 were and are similar days, some nausea, some dizzy spells, little desire for food and the horrible taste of water. I really need to drink but oh my that taste! Yet with all this, I still thought it would be worse than this. It may yet be worse. At church yesterday, I was at arm's length not hugging anyone, I am in the neutropenia time period when I am the most vulnerable for infection. I go for labs tomorrow and see how it is all going.

"How to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory..." Ephesians 3:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment