Monday, October 18, 2010

"The Lord is good..."

Lamentations 3:25-26 " The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him; It is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."

Yesterday morning at 7 we went to the hospital for my blood drawing and did not stay for results. At noon, we left for the wedding at a park an hour from here. Everything was so family-oriented, and just wonderfully sweet. Our grandson and his wife wrote their vows and both were in tears as they said them. John did such a great job as being their minister and we were all proud that he could see his papers well enough to not falter on the ceremony. I had typed what he was to say in very, very large font and he taped this to sheets of paper and it worked very well.
There were 75 here for food and just being together. The chefs did a great job and all was so good with an outdoor elegance in the deep blue skies, golden leaves and all the pumpkins and flowers everywhere--the reds, golds, and greens of flowers and ribbons was perfect. I was very careful to not touch anyone, and have my food come from the kitchen and not off the buffet.

My nurse called this morning and said the white count was up slightly (going the right direction) and that I could go to the grocery. I felt like I was in "house arrest" for the last three days. Tomorrow is day for the oncologist and see what he has decided to do next... maybe give me a lower dose of chemo and continue this treatment. In one week (at three weeks from the first dose) I can get a "white cell shot". A friend says I sound more positive "talking" than on this blog. I do not want to act like I am depressed because I am not, but I maybe tell more of my feelings here than when talking to someone. I really hate to talk about me so much, but I know friends want to know what is going on. So maybe tomorrow we will find out more---I say this alot, don't I?

1 comment:

  1. Barbara Johnson-ClarkOctober 18, 2010 at 10:29 PM

    This is one of the most beautifully described weddings I've ever heard of. I cannot wait to see the pictures! You must borrow their album for all your friends to see! I, too, am very proud of John for the job he did in spite of his low vision. You two are learning all my tricks to dealing with blindness! You are too smart--now I'll have no secrets to share! Ha! I love you both so much, and Alan and I continue to pray for you every single night. We saw two miracles come out of our church email chain this week-end. The little eight year old girl and the teen-age boy who were both in comas are out! God is so totally awesome and amazing.
    Many thoughts and imagined hugs coming your way,
    Barbara and Alan

    ReplyDelete