Wednesday, October 6, 2010

"...a spirit of power..."

II Timothy 1:7 "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."...in The Message, this reads..."God doesn't want us to be shy with His gifts, but bold and loving and sensible."

Day 2..of new chemo. I am still "hyped up" on the pre-dose of benedrill, or the daily pill is making me nervous and kind of really hyper inside. I really am not hungry but trying to eat since I need to gain weight. (Never thought I would hear those words)

Church tonight, busy sewing today, friend who cleans house for me was here today, my sister came over, so it was like open house all day. We are trying to get ready for the wedding in 10 days. One of our grandson's is marrying and we are all doing various things to get ready. John is performing the ceremony, the reception is here afterwards, with part of the family involved in helping in that.

Our lesson is our class tonight was from the verse in Timothy and it struck me how little I use the power God gives me to ask Him for help each day..I do but not enough. We need to be really bold in seeking strengh each day to fight this evil cancer! Some days I feel the strength He gives and other times I feel like just giving up. But when I write this, I know I will not give up, with His power and strength given to me.

John had a very good birthday today, I cooked his favorite waffles with fresh peaches and whipped cream for breakfast. So "Happy birthday" to my love!

No comments:

Post a Comment