Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"...the Spirit helps us..."

Same song, second verse...daughter is still sick. John fixed his famous oatmeal for her breakfast today. He only cooks one thing and oatmeal is it! I still cannot eat out, etc, etc...More blood test Friday morning so hopefully I will be better. Meantime, hair is falling out more. I got my wig out. When you lose hair, your head gets really sore. When a little more comes out I will go get a crew cut. When winter gets here, your head gets really cold at night. Then I feel sorry for bald headed men (like John) and how their heads must be cold all winter! I do not feel sick, and have a lot of energy. It is hard to believe my blood is that low.

I went to church tonight and sat in a corner in our class, so I would not touch anyone..we had a visiting guest speaker who talked (among a lot of other things) about the indwelling Holy Spirit, and how the Spirit prays for us when we do not know what to pray for. I am at that stage now in which I continue to know God is in control and I feel in such a quandary about this off-again-on-again chemo. Is this one not the right one for me? I know God will not let me get into a harmful situation so what is waiting for me? I don't know what to pray for so I trust the Holy Spirit is praying for the perfect chemo for me, a healing chemo for me. Selfishly I ask God for more days on this earth to be with John and family .

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." Romans 8:26

1 comment:

  1. Barbara Johnson-ClarkOctober 20, 2010 at 10:02 PM

    Well praise the Lord, Bev, your sense of humor is still completely in tact. All the bald headed men of America can read your blog and know they have empathy! My dear sweet Sister, I read your words every night and know that God put you on this earth for such a special reason, and He isn't going to take you off without a better one! You are inspiring people literally around the world who have had the pleasure of knowing you through the years or coming to know you through this blog. You have the deepest understanding of the scriptures of anyone I've ever met. Others may know the scriptures, but you, my Sister, KNOW the CREATOR. Give John a hug from us and tell him I never could make oatmeal. We love you.
    Barbara and Alan

    ReplyDelete