Saturday, December 11, 2010

"He was oppressed and aflicted..."

"...yet He did not open His mouth; He was led like a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is silent, so He did not open His mouth."Isaiah 53:7

I woke up with a bad cold this morning so I spent the day asleep on the couch. This is the first I have been sick in about 8 months, which is really pretty good. My white count is up about normal, so I guess if my fever goes higher, I will have to call in. So far, it is 100.2, not at that "magic call-in number of 101). Yesterday, the doctor told me to get some cortisone cream for the rash on my arms and legs. So far, it has not helped much, but I am no worse.So I am all fixed up tonight with cortisone on arms and legs, Mentholatum in my nose, and soon, the gloves and aquaphor on hands, socks and aquaphor on feet. If that a vision of loveliness or what??? and John tells me I am pretty. What a man!!!

Getting close to Christmas, and one more thing about the Jam Cake, you can use pear preserves or chopped citron (in place of the watermelon preserves).
I hope to get mine made this week, but it won't have very long to "soak"...

We are having a "gathering of the clan" for the first time is several years. There were 7 first cousins plus one by marriage. Then we lost Johny so there are 7 cousins and all but one will be here...that will be so fun to see the children of my two sisters and me all together almost---plus a few more of the next generation, about 25 in all. So I have to get well....Merry Christmas

1 comment:

  1. Barbara Johnson-ClarkDecember 11, 2010 at 11:53 PM

    I just read your blog, and I was sitting here giggling, crying, and looking upward saying, "oh thank you Lord!" My dear sweet husband looked across the room and asked, "Are you laughing or crying?" I read him your description of how you were set for the night with creams and mentholatum and later the gloves and socks, etc. and how John had said you were pretty; and your comment of, "What a man!" And I said to Alan, "That's what you'd say to me, isn't it?" and he grinned and nodded with total assurance. We are so blessed, you and I. We have a God that we know and trust implicitly, and we have husbands about whom we feel the same. Life doesn't get any better than that.

    I'm so sorry about Gene. And I'm so anxious to hear what the doctors have told Jim. Will you let me know if you hear first? Take care of that cold. We have some snowy weather to amuse us for the next few days. I'm surely hoping my Christmas luncheon doesn't have to be postponed. Becky is one of my guests!
    Love you and always praying for you,
    Barbara and Alan

    ReplyDelete