Monday, December 6, 2010

"...He will reign on David's throne..."

Isaiah 9:7 "Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom...the zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this."

In making the jam cake, I forgot to say to drain the watermelon preserves before adding it to the cake. Here is the best buttermilk caramel icing recipe:
2 cups white sugar, 1 cup buttermilk, 1 tsp soda and 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)

Cook this icing stirring occasionally, on low until you reach a soft ball (drop a little in ice water until you can roll it into a ball in your fingers). Be sure and keep it just bubbling because it will boil over if you leave it. When you have a soft ball, add 1 tsp vanilla, let it cool and beat it. when it is just about ready to hold on the cake, start spooning it on. If it is not thick put in fridge until it thickens. I also use this icing on a Buttermilk Pound Cake which is a family favorite. Both these recipes came from a friend's grandmother.

My hands are even better today but now my arms are broken out with something like an eczema, so what do I do now???I will try the hand cream tonight on my arms. I go to the doctor in three days, so lots will be decided.

I went out today and walked in the Mall and did some shopping. I rarely do this, I guess just lack of energy for that. I had rather use my time and energy for things around the house or with friends. Well anyway, it was fun and Christmas feeling.

We had fun with friends tonight. All of us used to teach together and have been close for 34 years ,and see each other regularly. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment