Saturday, December 25, 2010

"How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news..."

Somewhere in the singing of the Messiah, they sing this passage from Isaiah 52:7..."How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, 'Your God reigns!'" I have listened to the CD I bought of the "Messiah" several times all the way through. When I come across the words in the Bible, I can hear the singing in my head!

Yesterday, Christmas we we had about 25 here in our daughter and son in law and John and I (in our shared home) We had a great time seeing the cousins together, regretting our oldest son was not here. And of course, Johny was one of those first cousins. Some of the next generation were here but few of ours, since they live away. Today was a quiet day with snow! We seldom have snow on Christmas Day and there is something so magical about that, and the colored lights seem brighter. John and I have watched all our favorite old movies on TV.

I am enjoying food a little better but my cracked fingers make it very difficult to type. Also, I am having more swelling of hands and feet ( not unusual, whether I mention it or not). Of course, I wonder if I will be here next Christmas. I will pack away the decorations and trees and dishes just as if I will be! I have started working on next Christmas' cross stitch pillows already. I don't want to be unprepared!

John and I both had that viral cold "thing" that has gone through the entire nation I think! We are better and really well, but still cough and have a laryngitis. Some of our grands and greats have it and cannot come here tomorrow and I am so sad about that! Well it was a great Christmas time and we will probably listen to Christmas music for another week or two. Blessings to each!

No comments:

Post a Comment