Tuesday, December 14, 2010

"..those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength..."

This has been the most snow in December in years, also the coldest December in years...following the worst flood in hundreds of years back in May, and drought conditions all summer, wonder what is to come during this winter???As we came home today after our 8 hour day at Sarah Cannon, John pointed out the building where his dad worked during the Depressions, helping sell coal. So many people heated their homes and businesses with coal that Nashville had a permanent "Haze" over the city all winter. We sit in a basin, surrounded by a ridge in all directions. People during that depression would come to get coal in a "toe-sack" or a bag made of burlap, getting a bag at a time probably about 5 cents a bag , and it could not have been very much supply. I can remember trains also ran on coal and people would walk the track picking up coal.

My "cold" or whatever it is, seems a little better, but I cannot talk much. John cannot hear so that makes for poor communicating! I have no fever today so I got my chemo infusion and started back on the chemo pill. I had just about recovered from the rash on my arms and legs, and my hands are well, so here we go again! I have a CT scheduled for January 3 and don't have to go back until then except for the white cell shot tomorrow which always follows the infusion, to keep me better able to fight off infections.

Isaiah 40:29-31 "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint."

Please pray for Gene as he has a PET with a biopsy tomorrow. He certainly "hopes in the Lord" Please pray for our friend Jim who starts at Sarah Cannon this week and finds out possible treatments for a recurring melanoma.

We will all "renew our strength".....Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment