Tuesday, December 21, 2010

"...My soul glorifies the Lord..."

Luke 1:46-47..."And Mary said, 'My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior...'"...Do you ever wonder how a 14 year old could sing such an eloquent praise to God? Mary was just a young teen-age girl, chosen by God, to be the mother of our Lord and Savior.

Today was a cold, wet, wintry day. John is a little better and I am still hoarse. My daughter and my "great"her granddaughter) and I went for lunch today and had a manicure! It was the first for our "great" and she really enjoyed choosing the polish (a dark red glitter) and looking though a fashion magazine as our nails dried. She is for sure a clothes person, and really has never played with dolls. We went to the library and got some books...This was a good-out-of-school day.

My fingers are cracked so bad...the manicurist really had her work cut out for her and she was careful and did a good job on just the nails and did not hurt my fingers. But I feel discouraged as far as "can I continue on this chemo"? It will have to really, really be doing a great job for me to keep this up. I cannot eat, my throat is so raw from the chemo. I can get through another week and make it to the Ct in 10 days! Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment