Sunday, December 19, 2010

"...to walk humbly with your God..."

Luke 1:26-38 tells of Mary being seen by Gabriel and Jesus' birth foretold...Mary says "I am the Lord's servant." Micah 6:6-8 is a beautiful depiction of our offering to our Lord.Verse 7 asking "shall I offer my firstborn?" reflecting upon Mary,..and verse 8 says "and what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

Today at church, the four and five year olds portrayed the Christmas story...oh my, were they darling and so self assured, "Mary" making sure a king's crown did not fall off, and she was holding a real baby in the manger (an adult there also) and "Mary" brought a pink toy for Jesus to hold! They were incredible perfection in their innocence . After this the Bible reading was of Jesus says "let the little children come to me..."

Tonight our immediate family (here) was together for our dinner and gifts. Family and friends are what we treasure. My fingers and heels are cracked open again, same as last cycle...a week after the infusion, this happens. They sure do hurt. Food is also not very good. That is just part of the chemo. People ask how long I will be doing this and I say "forever" because I honestly don't know unless this chemo is the miracle we have looked for, if I can ever quit it. Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment