Saturday, December 4, 2010

[He will be called "Immanuel..."]

The book of Isaiah is among my favorites in the Old Testament and I think I will pick up verses the rest of December that follow the proclamation of Jesus' coming. We also love the "Messiah" when we can find a group producing this on stage. We found one but it is $50 each, so I think we will just buy a CD and listen everyday.

Isaiah 7:14 says "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and call Him Immanuel."

I know you are tired of hearing about my hands...they are in terrible shape and I really have a difficult time doing buttons, or zippers. I have 16 "cuts" on my hands, a few places on my face and some on my arms. The brochure for the chemo protocol says "acne like sores" but this is not acne, just little ? whatever sores. Makeup covers the ones on my face, and clothes cover my arms, but the hands are just "there". I have left off the pills since Thursday and I really see no difference yet. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

John and I did some shopping today...I love Christmas, even the shopping, and today was not bad, and I love everyone saying "Merry Christmas". I love God's plan for us in His gift to us, for our salvation. I love giving gifts to family to show our love to them. In my tinniest little back of my mind, I wonder if I will be here next Christmas? I just for the most part never feel bad. So I think, "will I just fade away?" "Will I get really sick?" God is so good and has blessed us so immensely and we have a wonderful life together. How many more years will He give us? Well, for now, each day, Merry Christmas, and "He is called Immanuel"!

No comments:

Post a Comment