Saturday, April 16, 2011

".....do not be afraid..."

One of many passages in the Bible that says "do not be afraid" John 14:27 finishes with "do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Just think of all we fear..especially when cancer is involved. Not a day goes by without a tiny fear creeping in. I try not to fear and just give it all to God, but human nature.....

Tomorrow finishes up a three day art workshop and it is so fun and I am learning so much! All our night class when I go except one person is there and about 10 others. We are meeting at a local art college and it has great facilities. Now if I can just get so much better I can sell some art. Strangely, just painting is not enough, though it ought to be, satisfaction just for the creating, but I guess selling a creation makes you feel complete. I have sold a few but .......

While we ate dinner tonight John and I had a music station on the TV and Rosemary Clooney was on. We remembered when she came to my high school and performed. It was the year after I graduated and we went back for a Valentine party , ETC. and I don't know who had the pull to get Rosemary to sing there but she did., and she was great! Another memory of what famous person we have seen and heard.

It won't seem like Sunday to miss Church but this is when the workshop was scheduled. This spring we will go to Pepperdine University in California to a lectureship and that is always so uplifting. All the speakers are the best preachers, teachers and authors. Can't wait! Meantime, I feel good, fingernails might be growing a little and hair also...very slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment