Thursday, April 14, 2011

"Test me, O Lord, and try me..."

"...examine my heart and my mind; for your love is ever before me, and I walk continually in your truth." Psalm 26:2-3 Verse 1 says "...I have led a blameless life..." which I could not in good conscience even write! so I felt verses 2-3 were more of the truth about me.

I have had so many, many friends and family emailing about my wonderful news. Another friend had good news, also. We are praising God for His goodness, every day.
Update on the potatoes: they are about 8 inches high! They are growing and looking so good, and we should have "new potatoes in about a month.

Many of John's family come from the Huntsville, AL. area called Madison. The earlier family land was in Whitesburg or Whites Landing. This area is now close to Madison, AL. The first time John took me there, it was mostly a train track, station and a few houses. John's uncle and his family were cotton farmers there. Much of their former land is now the Space center and government property. Their family moved to southern Alabama and farmed there. We visited them, there, and could see old share croppers' cabins, an old silo that held grain when they were dairy farming, and lots of old barns. John's uncle gave us the family Bible that belonged to the great grandparents and this dates from about 1870 and on to early 1900's. John's uncle died early but that aunt lived to 102. She loved baseball, and during the season, she watched it every day until she died.

John's eye is not much better, but hope it will be in a month or so. John prays for me at every meal and I am sure privately many other times. I pray for him likewise. Thank you God ,for answering our prayers. I pray we "walk continually in your truth."

1 comment:

  1. Barbara Johnson-ClarkApril 15, 2011 at 9:50 AM

    Hello Bev!
    Wow, I am still giddy from your news two days ago! You must be walking atop the clouds! This was the second time I heard good news in a few days. I know you read Sara's Caringbridge. Maybe you two have started a trend! We will be out of town over this weekend, but I'll be back on Sunday night hoping to "hear" your sweet words and "see" your smiles that show through your written words.
    Love and hugs,
    Barbara and Alan

    ReplyDelete