Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"Let us then approach the throne of grace..."

Last night for dinner I could only have protein (steak) and a green salad with a little vinegar/oil dressing. Nothing after midnight. We left home this morning at 5:45 without breakfast or much to drink--just a little water...for THE CT and PET...got there and drank the "lemonade" then sit an hour then blood work, IV in my arm, then the radioactive solution which contains sugar. Then I was in a dark room, soft music, blanket and pillow, for an hour....Almost made the early getting up worth it! Then in the machine which takes about 15 minutes for the PET, then dye in my vein and the CT which is about 5 minutes or so.

Then on to the oncologist a few hours later. He practically "bounced" into the room. He could not stop smiling. My chemo nurse came in and was just giddy with excitement. They told me the cancer , all but one tumor was about 1/3 the size of 3 months ago. All I could say was "praise God" I was so numb and could hardly believe it. I said,"do you know how many people are praying for me!" My doctor said "that is the reason you are better!..you are my miracle patient..."Oh my I am still just cannot get over the excitement and knowing how wonderful God can take care of us. I am in tears with joy and relief. This is the first backward step in the cancer in 5 years. I will go without chemo again for 3 more months and then have another CT in July. To be "normal" is just wonderful. Now if my hair will just grow-grow faster!

My doctor asked me if I would speak to the doctors and nurses in their weekly gathering. I said I would, don't know what he wants me to say, but he will do whatever he wants me to do. I saw 2 more doctors in the hall and they had heard about my good news also. Sarah Cannon is such a "people place" and everyone there is very special. John asks one of the nurses one day if they were chosen to work there according to their personality and they said yes. They are all, indeed, very special!

Hebrews 4:16 "Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace in our time of need."

1 comment:

  1. Just elation and tears at this wonderful news, Bev! For you and for John and for your family and friends. Our God is so mighty and filled with grace and mercy and his ability to heal and restore us is truly miraculous. I just want to hug you...so I am praising God and smiling right along side of you. To you my friend across the miles. Be Blest and share your story as you go along the way. God is good, Always.
    love and blessings,
    kathryn

    ReplyDelete