Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"The Lord is my light and my salvation---"

I still can hardly believe the cancer is retreating, yet I KNOW God can do this! The "well" feeling is wonderful. I know some of the cancer is still there but maybe it will keep going away! I give it all to God and let His will be done.

Last night as I was going to sleep I remembered when I took piano lessons. There were two piano teachers at the elementary school I attended and I, like many kids, took piano , and when it was my time, I picked up my music and slipped out of the room and down to the music room. Can you imagine that today? I don't think any school except a private school would do this and give students freedom to leave the classroom and go to a piano lesson. I did this 4th thru 8th grade. My Mother was quite a pianist and hoped we girls would love it too. We all took piano for about this long.

Our family is fairly musical and enjoys music. Our daughter took piano and our son plays guitar, and several grandchildren play the piano and compose music.

Tonight we were talking about John not being in World War II and the army. When his brother was killed, it was just after the five Sullivan brothers were killed and congress passed a law that the sole surviving son did not have to go to war. Of course John's parents could not stand his going so he did not. When he was in college, many boys were coming back from war and would ask him when he was in and where, etc. He always felt kind of embarrassed for not going but he hated to go against his parents' wishes.

"The Lord is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid? .....I will sing and make music to the Lord." Psalm 27: 1,6

No comments:

Post a Comment