Sunday, April 10, 2011

"Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me..."

"...for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster is passed. I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills His purpose for me." Psalm 57:1-2

Four of us (who know each other) will have CT or PET this week and two more will get results from earlier. Is this ALL we think about? Who is getting scanned and what did X find out this week? What will I do next? We humans are such frail creatures..as a friend said, "how does anyone survive without God?"

This week I was with some "girl" friends and we laughed about how 40 years ago we were talking about what our children were doing, saying, wearing, and 20 years ago talking about first grandchildren and now we are discussing great grandchildren, and our funeral plans, what medicine are you on, do you wake up at night, do you have arthritis, etc...My how our outlook changes!

Throughout all our lives, God has had a plan for us, His wings are shading us, He cares for us, even when a disaster enfolds us and He sees that His purpose for us is fulfilled. I know we are depending on God's mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment