Thursday, April 28, 2011

"...hope does not disappoint us..."

" because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom He has given us.....God demonstrated His love for us in this: While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:5,8...Hope has to be the most wonderful thing..a friend went into an oncology clinic and said how sad and desolate it seemed. I see it as a room of hope..where else will you find that many people who live only on hope!

We got a few things planted just before the monsoon we had this week. ...thankful every moment we were spared of the tornadoes.... Praying for those who lost so much! John put out 2 tomatoes and I put out a few peppers. I did not put cans around them and they may be eaten up already, as bugs seem bad this spring. We are supposed to get the dreaded cicadas in a week or so and they last about a month. They drive you crazy, buzzing and wanting to get all over you.

This week has been cooler and may get into low 40's tonight and my blackberries are blooming so this may be blackberry winter. I have not seen the wild ones blooming yet.

You know how you think of things long ago, when a memory just comes to you! I thought of Grandma with a wire whisk, flat like a long flat spoon, and she would whip cream or egg whites with this on a platter! Not a bowl, but a long, low platter and she would hold that whisk flat and whip these up just quick as another kind of beater. It's all in the wrist! I hope one of the grandchildren has this whisk because I don't!

John wants to go and do and plan, and I know he is afraid I will go back on chemo and not feel like doing things. He wants to do things while I feel good. He prays every day for God to keep me from the cancer growing back like it was. We both pray it would totally go away! God has been so good to us and we both claim the hope and love He promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment