Saturday, February 19, 2011

"God...created each of us..."

"...we neither make nor save ourselves. God does both the making and the saving. He created each of us by Christ Jesus to join Him in the work He does, the good work He has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing."Ephesians 2:9-10 the "Message"

Last year a friend gave a devotional based on "the daffodils principle", and this is based on a five acre mountain top covered by daffodils every spring. There is a sign that says, ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS; "50,000 bulbs, one at a time, by one woman, two hands, and begun in 1958." The premise behind the devotional is that of what one person can do, and that of not giving up. Also, the women who drove to this site, were going because the younger had begged the older to go. How often do we not do things with family or friends because we are "too busy"?

I think of the glorious rose gardens on Victoria Island near Vancouver that were planted on reclaimed rock quarries.

I think of times I have not done things with someone because I was too involved. I think of that "still small voice" that will give me ideas of something to do for someone and I again am too busy. I think of how God created us to do His goodness for others and create beauty in the wilderness..either wilderness of earth or soul.

1 comment:

  1. You made the beauty come alive - the daffodils and the service to others. Thank you for your word pictures today. I hope your skin is healing, Bev.
    love kathryn

    ReplyDelete